Thursday, February 9, 2012

At It Again - Paint Project 1 Million

I think I have a thing for painting and re-painting walls.  I don't necessarily 'love to paint'.  I think I love the idea of painting but I tend to get antsy and wish room walls had 2 coats of paint on them and looked perfect all in 1 day.  Lets be realistic, that is hard to do.  We still have only 1 coat of blue paint on the 2 bedroom walls. 

Anywho, I digress.  The red paint we had in the bathroom was pretty much used to cover the extremely bright blue paint in the bathroom when we bought the place.
Paint Color the day we bought it

Spicy Cayenne left over from Kitchen

It seemed logical to try and make use of the full can as much as possible.  It just worked.  But I couldn't let the walls go un-touched with the whole bathroom reno.  So to Home Depot and the web for inspiration.

I originally wanted to paint the top portion of the walls above the bead board the same Gentle Tide blue as the bedrooms.  Then I started thinking a nice green would look fabulous.  During our trip to pick up trim and the vanity I quickly glanced (again) through the paint colors and found 2 I wanted to try out.  So for a whopping $4 I came home with 2 paint samples - Sage Tint (and another Sage color I don't remember or have the name for, oops).  Hubs liked the darker color and thought it would contrast well against the white bead board and floor.  I agreed.  But, I had one other color I wanted to try - Palm Breeze.  So here it is with 1 coat of Sage Tint (left) and Palm Breeze (right).  I still think I like Sage Tint....

Now, the walls in the bathroom are plaster.  Plaster walls are rock solid, but when you start tearing stuff out around them it causes the top coat to peel leaving a very unpleasant finish.  Hubs has plans to install drywall all around when he installs the ceiling leaving me a nice finish to paint on.

No comments:

Post a Comment