Monday, July 15, 2013

Mirror Time

I am getting there.  I spent Sunday glueing my wood trim to my mirror frame.  I used Gorilla Glue, and as always, I over compensated and over applied the glue.  Always worried it will fall apart.  So, nonetheless, since Gorilla Glue does some major expanding I spent some time removing excess glue (and will continue to do so or figure out a way to hide my 'oops').

Planning

Glueing the First Layer

Holding Down and Holding Up My Wood Trim While it Cures
So, I knew I would have to put something around the trim edge on the inside of the mirror - one to hide my excess glue and two just to 'finish' it.  I decided to use a jute-ish type rope.  I thought that once around would work, but think two wraps will add dimension ... and lets be real, hide the mistakes that once around won't.


No comments:

Post a Comment