Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Cabinet Hinges Conquered

I searched high and low this weekend (online) to find polished nickel overlay hinges.  Sadly, I couldn't find anything.  I couldn't even find hinges that cost gazillion dollars, not that I would pay that.  So, I settled on satin nickel hinges in hopes that it will match.  We went to Home Depot on Saturday (of course) and I looked at how much HD's hinges cost.  I was happy to find out that they pretty much cost the same as online at all the discount places so I picked up (3) 10 packs of the Liberty Self Closing Overlay Hinge.

Once we were home I could't wait to to get those suckers installed.  Unfortunately, the existing holes didn't line up exactly with the new hinges.  Womp womp.  The exterior side lined up (thank goodness) but I had to redrill new holes on the inside of the cabinet door.

Scribing the doors for new holes

Drilling and screwing in the new hinge

All the doors with new hinges!

Yeah baby, new hinges!

Another set
Lets just say it wasn't all 'fun'.  I had my fair share of breakdowns when the cabinet doors were not level once installed.  It took lots of patience and a fair share of foot stomping to get me through those minutes (or hour?).  Luckily Grouper was only witness to the breakdowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment