Thursday, September 5, 2013

Finish the House ... ?!

I got home from work yesterday and after finally getting through the whole mattress ordeal (long story) and having some space back Hubs says matter of factly "we need to work on finishing the house".  In context with the situation and what we were looking at at the moment - a pretty empty guest bedroom which is pretty much Grouper's room and Hubs closet - that meant filling some rooms with furniture!  Uh, yes please.  But, of course I know that is a verrrrry long process.

I would say, at least furniture wise, our bedroom is next on the list.  And, headboard/bed frame first so I can finally feel like a grown-up.

What I am working with (Grouper goes to bed super early, this was at 8 PM).  A nice new mattress but an ugly box spring (that at least needs a bed skirt)....

Here are some of my inspirations....
Colette Bed from C&B

Alison Headboard from Ethan & Allen


Fairmont Bed from Ethan & Allen

Quincy Bed from Ethan & Allen
I am still pretty split down the middle on overall type of bed  - wood bed vs upholstered bed.  I love the intricacies of the Quincy Bed as well as the softness and simpleness of the Colette Bed.  Now just to find something cheaper

No comments:

Post a Comment