Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Closet Debacle

A 1950s house has tiny closets, like whoa!  Hubs is in the guest room, mine is in our bedroom.  Each is maybe 3' wide.  I managed to double it up and added a second pole to maximize the space.  However, there are several design ideas and future plans swirling in my head.

1) Our bathroom is TINY.  One sink causes plenty of little arguments as to who can brush their teeth first.  I would love to put in a double sink, but that would require that I give up my closet in our bedroom (it takes up the space at the bathroom entrance).
2) Hopefully the Grouper Room/Guest Room/Storage Room won't be forever ... if/when the Wolf fam grows, Hubs would have to give up his little closet.

What is one to do?  Well, a nice built-in wardrobe along side wall of our bedroom would be perfect.  With a tall dresser under the window (where it is now).  IKEA Pax seems like the perfect solution!  Here are some ideas I put together

Two different door ideas



And the inside organization.  I really think this would hold all our stuff that is currently in our closets.  We would still each have our own dresser.

  • 3 rods for hanging shirts
  • 1 rod for pants
  • 2 shelves - for sweaters?
  • 4 drawers for t-shirts and workout gear
  • 1 drawer for shoes

It could change some, but is a good start....

No comments:

Post a Comment