Monday, January 6, 2014

Ring in the New Year

This seems like a good day to start a new year, a Monday, it only seems fitting.  I will say, the holiday season this year has been quite a whirlwind since both Christmas and New Year fell on a Wednesday.  Working all other days of the work week, it has put a twist on our normal celebrations.  Our 'holiday celebrations' didn't officially end till this past weekend when we got a chance to celebrate with Hubs parents.  So the Christmas tree is still up and good as ever.  I am thinking of keeping it that way for a couple more weeks ... shhh.  I love the holiday season, and apparently so does Grouper.

But, now that is is January 6th, I am pretty sure it is time to make some new resolutions for the year!  Looking back at 2013s (which I supposedly didn't post), I am pretty impressed with myself.  Lots of fantastic changes and accomplishments happened in 2013.  Now, drum-a-roll, 2014s:

  1. House - Finish the Basement.  This goes without saying since this project has consumed us for about 6 months.  However we typically always have odds and ends left with most of our projects.  I am not saying it is going to be perfectly designed with nice accents and decor all decided, but the construction and heavy lifting part should totally be done done done.
  2. Then Save Money - I feel that my paycheck goes to Home Depot right now.  So that is something we reallllly are going to make a priority this winter/spring.
  3. Travel - Hoping to squeeze in a couple trips that require a plane to get there.  
  4. Keep in touch with friends - It seems that time keeps speeding up.  Catch up with friends at least once a month.
  5. Grow and develop my career - I have a fantastic new job so I want to keep learning and growing
  6. Keep this blog up - I have been a major slacker on the blog, but love it.  I am pretty sure 2014 has lots of fun things in store for us and lots of house projects.  I really want to be proactive with writing posts and sharing insights and tips in lieu of my recent retroactive 'oh hey, look at alll this work we did'.
Six goals seems like plenty.  I'll cut it off there!



No comments:

Post a Comment