Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Life

I must admit, I am a easy-going high strung spontaneous planner... wtf? you may be asking.  Yeah, that's right, I contradict even myself.  I read a post today on Hello Happiness regarding life's struggles and joys.  It ended with this quote:

Which is oh so true but often difficult to remember.  Over the past year I have had this 'picture' of what my life should be like by the time I turn 30, which is just over a year away.  I am a goal-setter, so I thought it would be a great idea to set some 'life goals' before 30.  The problem is, that if you let yourself, those goals can overtake and consume your life.  I am not saying that I am going to throw caution to the wind and erase the goals I have set myself.  Goals are necessary - you take a proactive approach to making yourself the best you can be.  But, I have realized recently, goals are something you must balance with everyday life and they should not take away or overshadow great life moments.  I have realized I really need to do a better job of not constantly striving to achieve the next 'best thing' in life, and to just live in the moment - cherish the time I play 'chase' with Grouper in the backyard (yes, we really do that), the wine and movie nights with hubby, and the actual part of 'doing' a project instead of 'accomplishing' a project.  I also have realized I need to relax my life timeline and go with the flow more. 

I am not saying it will be easy, but I am definitely going to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment