Saturday, November 12, 2011

Hello Blog World

I must say that I am pretty pumped to start this blog.  Why?  Well, over the past year I have been a consistent reader of many blogs (my now hubs would say obsessively so) mainly because I was planning a wedding.  My morning routine consisted of 1) coffee (essential), 2) read new blog posts.  Well, I am now married as of a month ago and no longer needed to plan a wedding.  Although I still as of today read wedding blogs, I only really read my top 3.  This was a problem - my morning routine was disrupted.  I found the fix when I decided to google "richmond diy blog".  One of my friends had told me that the previous owners of the house she just bought had a DIY blog, and hubs and I are total DIYers at home.  I didn't find that blog, but I found another - www.younghouselove.com - and I was immediately hooked.  When I say hooked, lets just say that I read the e-n-t-i-r-e blog from its conception in 1 week (hubs looked at me like I was crazy).  Well, once that was complete (I am very task oriented as you can see) I went to some of the blogs they follow, found one I liked, then went to more, etc.  I now have about 5 added to my morning routine = success.
Priming the Walls of our First Home (I think there is more paint on us than the walls)

So, coupled with the inspiration I gained through the blogs I read + the fact that I have had the blogging itch for about 6 months now + my urge to DIY = Start Blog (note: I am an engineer hence my love of math).  Plan to see plenty of "stuff" as I will call it for now on my blog.  Wedding planning tips and ideas, DIY home projects, and our obsession for anything that involves the water (i.e. our 80 pound Labrador Grouper and our boat - aka second home) and thus the name for "the blog"... like my spin on the word "nautical" (P.S. 'tying the knot' was our wedding "theme")? 
Yay Wedding Day

No comments:

Post a Comment