Monday, November 28, 2011

I've got the Blues...

... Blue-ish Paint that is.

As you know from my previous posts I am dying to lighten up our master bedroom and ‘the other’ room as I will call it.  I haven’t had much success in paint colors for both rooms and have spent the past month looking for inspiration.  Most of my blog stalking has unveiled a trend in light gray-ish/blue-ish/green-ish paint colors that give the bedroom space a calming feeling.  My first attempt to find that new calming color didn’t wow me.  Aqua Breeze and Water Mark from Behr just had me feeling blue, as in too much ‘light blue’.  Hubs “warned” me that he didn’t want to wake up to a “baby blue” space.   I agreed.  Spending some more time really searching the web, I realized I needn't to calm the blue and green down and add some gray.  I just think my fear of gray had me heading in the wrong direction at first.  So, back to Home Depot I bought the following sample paints:
1)      Gentle Tide by Glidden (they no longer have a sample of this color, but I just had to tell them the color name).  (I was inspired by the pic below)
2)      Quiet Moments by Benjamin Moore
3)      Healing Aloe by Benjamin Moore
4)      Woodlawn Blue by Benjamin Moore
Gentle Tide {via}

Tested all 4 all over the two bedrooms last week, but it still left me confused.   So back to Benjamin Moore and Behr’s website to come up with more colors
1)      Coastal Fog by Behr
2)      Lookout Point by Benjamin Moore
3)      Polar Ice by Benjamin Moore
4)      Windy Sky by Benjamin Moore.  (Inspired by the pic below)
5)      Glass Slipper by Benjamin Moore
Windy Sky {via}



Now, some of those colors on our walls below.... 
Left of window, top to bottom - Coastal Fog, Lookout Point, Windy Sky
Right of window, top to bottom - Gentle Tide, Lookout Point, Windy Sky





The 3 big sample areas, top to bottom - Gentle Tide, Lookout Point, Windy Sky




Yes, I may be slightly obsessed ….I just feel like I have to get this one right.  I was hoping that the third time would leave me with the answer.  Well, it did!  I picked Gentle Tide and purchased a Gallon tonight!


P.S. I plan to use Gentle Tide in bathroom too.  I will wait until the bathroom renovation that is in the works... hopefully this winter, fingers crossed.

1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I realize this post is incredibly old, but I love the Gentle Tide paint color and am curious if it was as beautiful a sea salt tone overall when you painted your space?

    ReplyDelete