Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Searching for: A Tripod Lamp

Our Living Room is by far the furtherst along in all things related to decorating and decor.  It helps to spruce it up with brand new furniture, a nice fluffy rug, some excellent built-ins, a gallery photo wall, and fancy schmancy technology (aka Apple TV, Bose Surround Sound). 

What's left:  a new lamp that 'fits' the space, some curtains, and a nice mirror on the entryway wall behind the couch.

On the subject of a floor lamp, I have searched high and low for something that I like.  I feel that it needs a 'beefy' base, something that 'fills' the space in between the chair and couch.  We already have plenty of table - a coffee table and sofa table - so a side table isn't needed. 

At first I thought a candlestick lamp would look fab.  Maybe something like this.
Brentwood Floor Lamp Pottery Barn
Then I thought height and shade size was really what I needed.
Sutter Floor Lamp Pottery Barn
But recently, I have my eyes on a tripod lamp.
Piedmont Floor Lamp Pottery Barn

Tripod Floor Lamp West Elm

What I am leanin toward is (now, after finding it on PB, pretty sure it is new) the Piedmont Floor Lamp.  Committing to the purchase is another thing.

4 comments:

  1. The tripod lamp is super cute!! I've seen similar ones at Target with shelves in the tripod - not sure if that is what you are looking for. Popped in from Decor and the Dog- Happy Wednesday!!!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have a store nearby, Meijer also has a great tripod lamp that looks fantastic, though I can't find it online. I've wanted it for forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will have to check out Target and Meijer (not sure if I have a store local). Hoping I can find something fab!

      Delete
  3. I love tripod lamps! One will look great in your space, but I totally get your hesitance about committing! {Stopping by from Decor and the Dog}
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete