Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Kitchen Stalled : Hardware Hunt

Since the end of June little has been done in way of the kitchen update.  It hasn't been on purpose.  One itty bitty or humungous reason are the darn hinges.  After doing some online research and seeing some hardware in stores, I've decided on polished nickel hinges and bin pulls - I like the shiny warmth of it all.  Knobs are still up in the air ... maybe something a little different and that doesn't match the nickel motif.  But, for the life of me, I cannot find polished nickel overlay hinges.  Since this is a kitchen reno on a budget, we are re-using our cabinets (which I have painted) and need hinges that pretty much match the existing.  I have found satin nickel hinges from the Home Depot, which are a great price but don't have enough of the polished look I want.  Arg.

But, details, details my friends.  Lets get back to what I am going for and the 'real' hardware I am loving.

How Nautical does this get!
Anthropologie Compass Knobs {via}

And I love the square-ness of these bin pulls.  I thinking of using these on both the lower doors and drawers and between 4" and 6" long like my inspiration picture
Restoration Hardware Deluth Bin Pulls {via}
Inspiration Picture {via}
But alas, I am holding out until I get the correct hinges ... keeps me in line ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment