Friday, August 30, 2013

Cookin' Up More Kitchen Ideas

As you know from my last post I am up in the clouds dreamin' about the kitchen.

Lighting updates are needed big time.  We have this god awful ceiling light - it kinda looks like a spaceship or a saucer and that isn't the worst part, it is a fluorescent light.  Yikes.  I never turn it on ... when I say never, I mean n-e-v-e-r.  I rely on a nice recessed light over the sink and the stove light to get me through.  And, that recessed light needs to be replaced with the perfect pendant light.  Here is what I am thinking ...

Our existing light totally reads un-identified space craft ...


And what I am thinking in its place ... each type comes in both finishes

The Springfield Linen Shade Light

The Urban Loft Ceiling Light

Now, lets be honest, recessed lighting would be fab, maybe one day ...

The recessed light that will be replaced ...


... with maybe one of these?  All the below are from Restoration Hardware

If I go all nickel

Or maybe bronze with a coordinating flush mount?

The milk glass would tie in the white cabinets and white subway tile nicely

Or all glass?

Another milk glass option

And, just for good measure, might as well talk about the rug desperately needed in the kitchen.  Stripes it is, and in blue.  Right now I am loving this rug from West Elm

{via}
Too bad I haven't been able to find those cabinet hinges I need yet ...

No comments:

Post a Comment