Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Basement Inspiration : Laundry Room

Since we have dove into the deep end and gone full speed ahead with the basement renovation, its about time I share (or come up with!) some decor inspiration.  Today, it is all about the Laundry Room.  Honestly, it is one chore I absolutely despise doing in all shapes and forms.  Blah.  So, lets just say this itty bitty room better kick a$$ and be the most welcoming room e-v-e-r.

Here are some great looks that I found on Pinterest and have seen on the interwebs which will work great for our space.  Check out my Pinterest for sources.





I think this one is my fave though!  Maybe it is all the decorations that will likely never make it on my shelves (a girl can dream though!)
{via}
You get the gist though
1) Definitely front load washer-dryer so that a countertop can be installed.  Need plenty of workspace.
2) Some type of backsplash or fun wallpaper/paint.
3) Shelves, shelves, shelves.  I think I will forgo cabinets.  Shelves will keep the room looking airy and open.
4) Light colors, to keep with the 'airy' theme
5) A built in drying rack / clothes hanging space is a must.

I may be convinced that doing laundry is actually 'fun' if I have a space like one of those above!

No comments:

Post a Comment