Monday, December 10, 2012

Kitchen Inspiration

Our new home's kitchen is quite 'builder basic-oakey cabinets-... just quite blah'.  So of course a girl is to search high and low for kitchen inspiration! 

What we are working with:
- Light Oak Cabinets
- White Appliances
- White/Gray Ceramic tiles

I love the look of white kitchen cabinets, but after thinking about it and knowing a kitchen transformation will take some time, white cabinets + white appliances + white floors = overwhelmingly white hospital look.. eek.

So, with that thought, I headed back out onto the interwebs and blogosphere for gray cabinet inspiration and white + black kitchen cabinet inspiration.  I had seen some gray cabinets (mostly on islands with main cabinets in white) and figured it would be the middle-ground I was looking for.  I also love the split white upper and black lower cabinet look, like House Tweaking's new kitchen. 

Now lets just get right to it... pics that make we wanna 'jump jump'...or something like that ;)  Sources are via my pinterest page, uon



House Tweaking's New Kitchen


Sally Wheat's Kitchen

August Field's Kitchen




After pondering and obsessing for days, oh yes, I realized gray was the answer.  That opened up a whole new can of worms, as in, I had to find the absolutely perfect gray for our kitchen.  I googled for what seemed an eternity every benjamin moore gray color that has ever existed - I really liked rockport gray, chelsea gray, and secret.  And then lighting struck and I landed on a picture of sally wheat's kitchen and cabinets in Fieldstone Gray.

That my friends, was like being punched in the stomach, gasping for air as I oogled her kitchen.  Which led me to August Field's kitchen as well.  I am super pumped to start the kitchen cabinet painting!!





No comments:

Post a Comment