Friday, March 1, 2013

Kitchen Indecision

I always sway between decisiveness and indecisiveness... like when I thought I had the color picked out for our kitchen cabinet painting session.  I had my mind set on BM's Fieldstone... but then came across this!

This is Inspired Rooms renovated kitchen

From A Perfect Gray's kitchen inspiration & my Pinterest Board


So, compare it to my most recent inspiration -

Sally Wheat's Kitchen
And BM's Fieldstone color test on our cabinets -


Why the change in inspiration and direction.  Mainly, it is the fact that we have gray/white tile floors and not that lovely hardwood floor that offsets the gray cabinets in Sally Wheat's kitchen.  That BM Dove White + BM Kendall Charcoal combo from above will keep our kitchen from looking very monotone.  What I do love from both the White/Gray kitchen and the Light Gray kitchen, and what will likely end up in our kitchen 'update' (Hubs doesn't like the word 'renovate' for our kitchen because he has other future plans for the space that will have a hefty price tag) are the
  1. Marble Countertops
  2. White Subway Tile Backsplash
  3. Open shelving
  4. Bin Pull Hardware
  5. Pendant Lighting
So, our trip to Home Depot last weekend for some Pavestone retaining wall pavers also included:
  1. Wood Putty
  2. Deglosser
  3. BM Dove White Paint Sample
  4. BM Kendall Charcoal Paint Sample
I am getting serious.  This weekend I may actually get to it! 

2 comments:

  1. Love your inspiration and I love that shelves dont have doors anymore. So open and airy. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! Now I just need to put my inspiration into action, in lieu of watching movies :)

    ReplyDelete