Thursday, March 14, 2013

Gallery Wall Reveal

This past Saturday I got to it and hung plenty of pics around the house to include those for our Gallery Wall.

A little history.  I first thought I wanted to do a gallery wall full of different size and color frames; then I decided that maybe something more uniform would look best; but ultimately changed my mind back to a non-uniform gallery wall.

What a uniform gallery wall would have looked like 
What our mix-matched gallery wall looks like
The photos in our gallery wall are all special to us - two are scenes from our wedding, two are us from our wedding, one of Grouper as a pup, one from skiing, a freebie art piece from the mail of two people in front of Burruss Hall at VT, and a J+T pic.

It is what you see right when you walk in the door.  Below shows how the gallery wall is oriented with our living room.

And, what you may have noticed to the right of the couch is... our new chair!  That also came (finally) from C&B on Saturday too.


It is honestly the perfect size for our living room.  I was really worried that our furniture would take up too much space in our awkward shaped living room.  But, it all really worked out perfectly.  Go me on the design front!

Now, I have to find a cool piece of art or mirror for behind the couch.  Still looking.  And, that itsy bitsy lamp needs to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment