Friday, March 29, 2013

My Green(er) Thumb

Now that the patio is 99% done, I have turned my attention to yard work, gardening, and all things that require a green thumb.

YARD WORK
1)  We need to remove the moss.  Hubs and I bought some moss removal material
2)  Mulch mulch
3)  Aerate the yard
4)  Seed and fertilize the yard (probably late April) in the hopes that some type of grass will grow

GARDENING / ETC
1)  I reallllly want to start a garden, but I am not sure if we will have the time.  We are trying to determine the best spot to put our garden so that all our little plants get enough sun. Since the leaves haven't come out yet on the trees, this makes it a little trick.  Especially since we have 4 large trees in the backyard
2)  Make a compost bin or buy a tumbler.  Best way to reduce waste!
{via electrictreehouse}

{via apartmenttherapy}

{Unsure}


3)  Build a Pallet Garden ... maybe for herbs?
{via lifeonthebalcony}

{via dearlydee.blogspot.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment