Thursday, December 22, 2011

Making a List, Checking it Twice

Like how I tied in Christmas to a wedding post ;)  Anywho, Lists Galore is the theme here.  Up to the wedding day I kept a revolving list of 'to dos'... within arms reach at all time for those 'ah ha moments, I need to right his down'.  The list I am talking about today though is super important - it prioritizes the 'wedding categories/vendors' from those that are super important to you and you don't mind spending some buckaroos on and those that won't make or break your wedding day and you can save $$/DIY. 


Luckily, we were able to triple check some categories off the list with our selection of The Point at Broomes Island.  It was our ceremony location and reception location and it also required you to use their in-house caterer (Stoney's Seafood House).  I would recommend having a bite at the place while visiting (if you can) if the place requires you to use their caterering staff so you at least have an idea of what the food is like. 

Our list looked like this:
What was important to us - DJ, Photographer, Bar
Items we can save on / DIY - Flowers, Invitations, Dessert, Decorations, Goodie Bags, Favors


In short, I love to dance so music was extremely important.  I also love reminiscing and wanted to capture the moments of the day so perfectly, so spending quality money on a photographer was important to me.  (Plus, we decided not to use a Videographer so we could throw a few more bucks toward the photog).  Finally, our family and friends enjoy a nice cocktail so we wanted to have plenty of options (not just beer and wine) and make this available all night.  Since the reception location was 20 minutes from the hotel, we knew we would rent a bus, which eased my nerves on the whole Open Bar deal.   

After a lengthy search (which I will dig into more in another post) we selected Leah Hewitt Photography as our photog and BK the DJ as our DJ (he has changed the name to Superlative Events now).  I LOVED both.






No comments:

Post a Comment