Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Redecorating with Wedding Items

This week I was going to write about selecting your wedding location, but this past weekend was a huge success in completing items on our ‘to-do’ list, so I feel compelled to share!  So, if you don’t (already) know, I was quite the DIYer on the wedding front.  My crafty side combined with the fact that I am cheap lead to making lots of items for our wedding or purchasing them on sale.   All those successes mean that I don’t want to part with them.  I have plans to sell a few items, but otherwise I want to keep them and use them.  So, I had to figure out how I could use these items to decorate our tiny space without it looking excessive – i.e. we don’t have space for the 1000 candles and jars we purchased on sale (ok 1000 is an exaggeration). 
Some of the items have been scattered about the house, but this weekend I took (2) of the (3) chalk boards I made for the wedding and were sitting in the ‘other room’ and hung them up! 

The trash can is in front of these chalkboards (see below), but I figure it isn't that big of a deal - plus I can write a nice little 'honey take out the trash' next to it :)


They even have the same writing from our wedding on them… I guess I should wash that off tonight.   To hang them we bought double stick tape, slapped some on the back and pushed those babies on the wall.  At first I was going to hang them like a picture, but Hubs was right on with using double stick tape – it gives it a nice flush/flat look.

No comments:

Post a Comment