Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Fun

Hope everyone had a very merry holiday weekend :)  We ventured down to Wilmington, NC to spend time with Hubs' family over the weekend.  We boogied out of the DC area on Friday late morning, and not a moment too soon because we were able to pop on to HOV exactly when it opened.  I was that one who crossed 3 lanes of dead stop traffic to get on that HOV.  That my friends, was a life saver because the typical NOVA traffic was in full gear, even at 11 AM.  We stopped off in Richmond to visit our two adorable nephews for a little while before continuing on our travels.

The rest of the weekend was great - we ate, visited, played with our niece, took Grouper to the beach and water, and just enjoyed ourselves.  Courtesy of his brother, Hubs is now the proud owner of nunchucks.  Grouper ate all his edible gifts in t-minus 10 minutes.  We came back Tuesday and are back to work.... for a day.  I have picked myself up a little cold and was down and out today.  Thankfully there is only 1 more day left in the week and then we are off to see my parents this weekend and celebrate Christmas with them.
Having fun at Wrightsville Beach



Grouper pouncing on his chuck-it ball


Playing in the sand






Opening up his presents


Keeping his eyes closed as he opened the "secret gift" aka nunchucks

In other news, I had to do my timesheet yesterday.  I was happy to see that, although I have yet to send in all my paperwork to HR to change my name, they have me as Stephens-Wolf for now.  Getting there, one step at a time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment