Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011 Recap

I am way behind on this post... we have already rang in the New Year, but better late than never to recap on all the awesome happenings in 2011... in pictures mainly.  So lets get moving right along for my month-by-month replay

January - We rang in 2011 in Richmond, VA with some of my besties. 

Hubs and I traveled with close friends to Seven Springs for a weekend ski vacay.



February - Shortly after we went on our annual week ski vacation out West.  This year we headed to Park City, UT and picked a different slope each day - Solitude, Alta, Snowbird, Deer Valley









March - I turned 27 and we did some much needed relaxing at home.

April - We ran the Richmond 10k with some friends and I went to a baby shower for my sis-in-law to shower her with lots of gifts diapers for her second child.

We finished our kitchen project with the installation of some granite countertops and new appliances!




May - We headed to Wilmington, NC for Memorial Day weekend and had a blast as always.  I also took some time to discuss wedding items with mom-in-law including making ice creamwhiches for the wedding (hers is the best ever) and table runners for some of the tables.








Months of May through August were spent on Green Beans on the Potomac River as much as possible.  We were unforunate during the summer of 2010 to only spend 3 weekends on Green Beans.  So this summer we by far made up for it.




August - It was also the time to kick-start wedding festivities.  A close friend 'A' go married 2 weeks before we did so there was plenty of fun to be had.  First it was a wine themed Bridal Shower for A.

September - More fun was had over Labor Day weekend as I traveled to Miami for A's Bachelorette Party.  We had a blast, to include some awesome people watching. 


The weekend of September 24th was spent celebrating A's wedding.  She had a fantastic wedding which got us pumped up for ours in just 2 weeks.

Sunday the 25th Hubs and I had our engagement pics at Fells Point in Baltimore.  He was a champ - waking up early post party.





October - The first weekend in October I headed to Richmond for my Bachelorette.  We had a blast.  My bff also came into town all the way from Doha, Qatar!


And then it was a Wedding Weekend Bonanza!  We had a fun and laid back Rehearsal Dinner on October 7th followed by a perfect wedding day on October 8th.  It was beyond anything I could have imagined.



That Monday we scooted out to Costa Rica for our Honeymoon.  It was chalk full of adventurous activites and the best pineapple I have ever eaten.








November - November we bought our first big purchase as a married couple - our very own boat.


We spent a lovely Thanskgiving with my parents and my side of the family.  We ventured to PA to see Gram and then back to VA to spend the weekend with my parents.

December - We needed some good ole' relaxation, and some painting.  So the beginning of the month we did just that.

Then all of a sudden it was Christmas time... it seemed to sneak up on us real quick.  Hubs and I agreed no presents this year - not even the smallest of present - because we just bought a boat and figured that was a pretty awesome present to us as a family.  We spent Christmas in Wilmington, NC with Hubs' family (with a great pit stop in Richmond, VA).





We are looking forward to 2012 and all the new adventures it has in store for us.  We hope to do some traveling - some cool weekend boat trips, hopefully a ski vacay out west, and some other random trips; complete a bathroom renovation (hopefully) and spruce up the place; take some time to just enjoy ourselves as newlyweds.

No comments:

Post a Comment