Saturday, January 7, 2012

New Year's Resolutions.. Kind of

I really don't make 'official' New Year's Resolutions.  I mainly make a mental list of items I think would be cool to accomplish over the next year - like work out 4 days a week most of the time, do better at work / life balance, etc.  Well, now that I have a blog, I thought it would be nice to actually write some resolutions down ... so I don't 'conveniently' forget. 

1)  Run a 1/2 Marathon.  I actually signed up for and was training for the Marine Corps Marathon in 2010, but also completed an Olympic Triathlon that May and although I thought just continuing to train would be easy I burned out about 2 months before the marathon.  A marathon is a lot of time commitment, so a 1/2 Marathon is more doable.

Here is me at the Olympic Tri
Close to the Finish Line and very excited!



2)  DIY more at home.  I had a ton of fun DIYing for the wedding and have plenty of items I would like to accomplish in the house this year - i.e. sew pillow covers, hang some personal art work, build a bed frame. 

3)  Professionally, make some moves.  I won't elaborate on that right now, but I have some things in the works.

4)  Save money.  Hubs and I have some 3 year plans / things we would like to do/have/etc by the time we are 30 - expanding our family is one of those items, moving into a bigger place is a possibility, having a great savings 'cushion'.  In order to do so, we have made it a goal to save, save, save big time this year.  We have even agreed to give up our favorite yearly trip, skiing out west, this year.  Crazy, huh. 

5)  Keep in touch with friends.  Really, I think I do pretty well at this.  I just want to make sure I continue to talk to, visit, etc my friends, especially since plenty of them have moved farther than 5 minutes away.  It means we have to plan some activities and stick to those plans, which I sometimes have a hard time doing since I typically fly by the seat of my coat tail.
Some of my besties

And more...

And more..
And some more... that I can't quite find a pic for....

6)  Stop touching my face.  I have a horrible habit of touching my face which of course causes me to break out more and touch my face more.  It is a horrible cycle.  Hubs is making this my resolution since he knows how much I hate that I feel like a teen at times which face breakout-age.

That seems pretty good ... we will keep it at that for now.  Ready, Set, .... Go!  Time to put this in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment