Thursday, January 26, 2012

Grouper's Gettin' Inspected Today

I dropped Grouper off this morning at the Vet for his annual check-up.  I realized I didn't have any more heartworm pills and needed to schedule his visit in order to re-fill his perscription.  He may be only 1 or 2 weeks past due... oops.  I asked the vet if this was bad and she said that you 'really shouldn't let more than 30 days pass'.  Double oops. 

But, anyways, going to the Vet is kinda different than what I am used to.  Grouper is on the Banfield Hospital 'Dog Plan' which means we pay a monthly fee which covers all the 'standard things he needs to get done each year'.  It doesn't cover his meds, but that is okay.  We love the Dog Plan because we don't have that 'Oh my, $400 to get some shots and make sure he is healthy' thing each year.  Plus, if he has an ear infection (he gets those often due to swimming) we have free visitations! But what is weird is that we don't get to be there with him and ask questions and everything.  The Vet does his thing at some point during the day after you drop him off.  I'm okay with it, except I am super Type A and like to make sure everything is okay and ask a ton of questions. 

(I don't have any new pics to post here... just the same ones from his 'page').



 Plus, I am terrified that when I pick him up the Vet is going to say something like 'well, overall he is okay but you really should be 1) cutting his nails more often 2) cleaning his ears more often 3) brushing his teeth more often 4) or something else'.  I would just feel horrible ... like I am a bad mom or something.  Especially so if this is said amongst other fur-baby moms.  This has never happened, except during his initial visit when we only had him for 5 days.  The Vet said 'he is severely dehydrated and is not worthy to be on the Puppy Plan yet'.  Ahh!  We high-tailed it to CVS and bought every boddly of Pedialite which he drank for a week.  He made it on the Puppy Plan.  Smiles :) 

So, in the meantime today, I will cross my fingers that I don't get a 'bad call' from the Vet saying something is wrong with him or pick him up with a 'bad letter home' like you got in Elementerary School.

No comments:

Post a Comment