Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Happy New Year

2012 has already started out as a productive one!  We took it easy New Year's Eve, mainly because I am still fighting this cold, but the cold hasn't stopped our productivity.

Lets see here...
1)  The 'other room' is getting over its identity crisis!  We have moved the old bed out of that room and are now naming it our 'hobby room'.  We have moved the chair that was in that master into this room for a little sitting area, in lieu of spending bucks on a new piece of furniture.  Guest rooms are lovely, but when you only have 800sf you find you want to live in/use e-v-e-r-y single square foot of it.  But, don't worry house guests... we have a blow up mattress.

Grouper's crate is still in the room .. he needs a place to watch over us.  I am pretty amazed at my homemaker skills though - I made his crate into a little side table using one of our wedding table runners.  It kind of just came to me since I 1) needed more light in the room and 2) needed a place to put our old lamps from our master and 3) needed someplace to put the table runner that we used under the christmas tree (unwashed, fresh with pine smell - I will wash it and iron it, swear).


I have since put up some pics and decorations (yes tonight as I write this, but didn't have the willpower to take more pics).

The master has changed slightly - moving out the chair which was only used for Hubs to hang his clothes and changing out our old lamps with new from Christmas.  You can see we still haven't found a spot for our suitcases though ... just shoved them in a nice little corner and close my eyes and tap my shoes hoping they just fade into the background.  I haven't succeeded yet.


2)  I brought home dad's (yes you heard that right) Bernina Sewing Machine.  My goal is to make some snazzy pillow covers and curtains using this thing.  I got a run down from pops how not to break it.  Cross your fingers.  Supposedly this thing is better than sliced bread and can read your mind so I should be okay ;)


3)  We took down all our Christmas decorations and cleaned house.  Grouper is checking it out ...

4)  We finished some items on the boat over the weekend - to include installing a new GPS that the old owner gave us and installing some Christmas Gifts from my parents for the boat.  And, we brought home some projects that are being stored in the 'hobby room' - boat covers and cushions.... see it on the left side here.


And, tonight my friends is the Sugar Bowl Game featuring VT vs Michigan.  Geaux Hokies :)  Hubs is cooking (he is the better cook) some mexican food whoop whoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment