Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Dance Dance

I l-o-v-e to kick off my shoes and get out on that dance floor bustin' some moves.  So, our music, as you know, was very important to us at our wedding.  Originally, Hubs and I were set on a Band.  We even had one picked out - Jangling Reinharts - but when we really sat down and looked at the numbers we realized that although music was important to us we just couldn't swing the bill.  Luckily, one of my besties is getting married this spring and is using Jangling Reinharts so I won't miss out on getting to see them in action.

So, we started looking at DJs, which were about half the cost.  I wasn't willing to let a review page go unturned in my search for the perfect DJ.  Wedding Wire was once again my go to source for reviews.  I quickly narrowed it down to about 5 DJs simply based on reviews.  Then, I did further research using that handy-dandy Google and spent some QT time on their website.  I narrowed it down to 3 at which point I called them up, talked with various people, and got a price quote.

Luckily for us, it was pretty easy to select our DJ.  Brian King with BK the DJ (now as Superlative Events) just 'fit' what we were looking for.  I was at ease talking to him over the phone.  Before we signed on the dotted line we met with him.  That meeting was exactly what I needed to confirm my selection.  And that my friends is how we ended up with our DJ.


I alluded to this in my other post, but honestly I couldn't have imagined a better DJ 'day of'.  He followed the extensive planner we developed (he had it all set up and we just had to fill in the information) and made sure we were right on track time wise.  He also often checked in with the two of us to give us heads up before the next 'activity' of the night.  He was fantastic!








No comments:

Post a Comment