Friday, January 13, 2012

Rug Love

Our house was sans rugs for almost 2 years.  We had a shag rug in the living room when we first moved in, but he addition of Grouper to the family meant that rug aged rather quickly.  Shag is not good for a pup learning that grass is good and rugs are not and for labs that shed like crazy.  Our house was quickly expelled of all carpet and rugs.
A puppy sleeping on a comfy shag rug
But, now that Grouper is 100% house broken and we have all wood floors I was dying to add some rugs to the place.

I made a trip to Ross over Thanksgiving in search of some fabulous rugs at a fraction of the cost.  I came home with 2!  A 5'x8' rug for $30 and a 8'x10' rug for $50.  I don't think you could beat that price!

Here's the rug in the Living Room.  This rug was the inspiration for my fabric selections seen here
New Living Room Rug
The 8'x10' ended up in our master.  I love it, but not for this room.  So, I think it is going to make a debut in the hobby room soon.
Current Rug in Master 
Current Rug in Master
Whats funny is that I was trying to decide between 2 different 8'x10's at Ross - the striped above and a jute looking rug.  After having the striped one in our room for awhile and seeing where I am heading for the master I am still longing for a jute.  I have been stalking Overstock for one that is on super saver sale.  Maybe something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment