Monday, January 23, 2012

Dominating the Tile Installation

This past weekend has been v-e-r-y productive at Casa de Wolf!  We totally checked a ton of things off on our bathroom reno 'to do' list!  (I also had a little more fun with my fabric!).

To prepare for our productive weekend required many trips to Home Depot throughout last week.  We wanted to have every single floor tile installed and ready for grout come Saturday.  To accomplish this, we had to remove and reinstall the toilet once so we could cut the tile correct to fit around the toilet and cut half tiles and triangular tiles to fit up against the wall and around the tub.

Chipping out the tile around the toilet

This is what was ready for me come Saturday morning!
All ready for grout

Correct 'L' tile around toilet instead of a half tile


So, come Saturday morning I was dying to grout these beauties.  We had some left-over non-sanded grout from our glass tile installation in the kitchen but I wasn't really sure if the color would work.  I knew I wanted a non-sanded grout because I wanted that smooth looking finish to complement the shiny and smooth tiles.  But, I wasn't sure about the color which was 'antique white'.  So, I mixed up a little test batch and grouted in 2 tiles where the vanity would be.  I knew immediately that the color was just to ivory and that a whiter or grayer color would work best.  But, the super saver in me didn't want to waste this grout.  I texted Hubs a pic at work and he confirmed - to ivory.  So, to Home Depot I went.

I came back with the same non-sanded grout brand, just in 'snow white'.  I grabbed my trowel, float, sponge, and mixed about a pint of grout with water (for ease in workability and to minimize it drying out) and got to work!




And here is what it looks like!  I love that you really can't even tell there is grout!


No comments:

Post a Comment