Saturday, December 10, 2011

"Officially Wolf"

You heard that right... it is "official"... I now have the last name of Wolf!  Yay, jump up and down and twirl around.  Making it official requires taking time during your work day, nonetheless, to head to the Social Security Office and the DMV.  It took over a month to do this because, well it requires taking time off work.  So, I sent a "meeting invite" to my boss and fellow colleagues letting them know that I was carving 2 hours out of this past Wednesday to get this done - that's how we do stuff on my busy project, if you are on vacay/take a morning off/etc you send meeting invite so it pops up and lets you know when someone is out for the day eliminating all ensuing freak-outs.

Armed with every piece of documentation I could possibly need - i.e. Marriage License, Passport, Driver's License, Social Security Card, proof of where I love (i.e. a bill) - I headed to these places.  Honestly, it was easier than I thought!  That may have something to do with the fact that it was pouring down rain the day I did this and other people probably didn't want to venture out in the rain.  But the DMV only needed my old driver's license and a marriage certificate!  Crazy huh .. cause all my other visits to the DMV typically require you to provide you identity with 5 different things.  Same thing with the Social Security Office! 

On a side note, the Superintendent on my project was joking with me that he ran into Hubs at a Monthly Meeting (yes, Hubs and I work for the same company) and the two of them were joking about my "identity crisis".  See, I was going by Wolf and signing as Wolf but I was still a Stephens, very confusing haha.  I guess Hubs and "my Supe" (construction term short for Superintendent on your project)were saying that if I would just make "it official" it would make life easy, and Hubs added that he would be happy too!  Ironically, it was the same day I went and did all this (was he not listening to me haha). 

Anywho, I am now tackling everything else that needs to be changed - stuff at work, bank accounts / credit cards, and insurance stuff is next.
Engagement Photos - Fells Point

No comments:

Post a Comment